Parent groups provide a safe place for parents/caregivers to go with their children for fun and friendship. Parents/caregivers and their children meet new people and do age appropriate activities together. Things you might do in a parent group include: songs, crafts, and stories. You will have the opportunity to make friends and share your parenting experiences with others. Pre-registration is not required. Minimum attendance is not required. Groups at Parents Place are offered at no charge to the participants.
No child care provided; parents and children bonding together
Available Parent Groups
- Union Familiar: A group for Spanish speaking parents. Group meets at La Casa De San Juan Diego 133 S. Pekin Rd. Woodland on Wednesdays at 11am. No group when school is out or on early release days. Free. Call 360-414-9212 for more information.
- Dads Group: Dads group will return in the future. We are taking a break at the moment. Second and fourth Wednesday from 6:30pm - 7:30pm at Parents Place. Free.
- Read and Grow: Songs, stories, activities, and more! 10am to 11:30am. The group has two locations this school year. Tuesdays starting October 16, 2018 at Kessler Elementary School 1902 Kessler Blvd. Longview. Thursdays starting October 18, 2018 at Mint Valley Elementary 2425 38th ave. Longview. Group does not meet when school is closed. Call 360-751-5333 for more information. Free.
- Life Works Playgroup: Mondays from 9am to 11am. 906 New York ave. Longview. Life Works opens their sensory room to the public. Families with children birth to age 6 are welcome. 360-577-9093 for more information. Free.
- Check your local library for story times and other activities.