Parent groups provide a safe place for parents/caregivers to go with their children for fun and friendship. Parents/caregivers and their children meet new people and do age appropriate activities together. Things you might do in a parent group include: songs, crafts, and stories. You will have the opportunity to make friends and share your parenting experiences with others.
No child care provided; parents and children bonding together
Available Parent Groups
- Read and Grow: Songs, stories, activities, and more! Returns in-person on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10-11:30am in October 2021 at Broadway Learning Center 1410 8th Ave. Longview, WA 98632. Register for the sessions you would like to attend at https://tinyurl.com/ReadandGrow21Registration . Group does not meet when school is closed. Call 360-575-7452 or e-mail email@example.com for more information. Free, sponsored by Longview Public Schools and Parents Place.
- Beyond the Alphabet: Online videos of snack ideas and craft activities are uploaded instead of meeting in person. For families with children birth to 7yrs. old. Offered by Youth and Family LINK on Facebook and YouTube. Call 360-423-6741 for more information.
- Virtual Mothering Together: For expectant moms through the child's 2nd birthday. Share stories and experiences of motherhood. Thursdays 10-11am or 6-7pm. Go to www.linkprogram.org/mothering-together-virtual-peer-support-group-regist... to sign up. Call 360-423-6741 for more information.
- Virtual Parent Support for Families with Children with Extreme Behviors: Do you feel like nobody can relate to your parenting experiences due to your child's extreme behaviors? Come meet other families who share your experience. The group meets twice per month on alternating Monday and Tuesday nights from 6-7 PM via Zoom. Go to www.linkprogram.org/parent-support-group-registration.html to sign up. Call 360-423-6741 for more information.
- Virtual Parent/Caregiver Support Group for Parents/Caregivers of Middle School Youth: Call to verify if this group is still meeting. An online discussion group with experienced parent educators. Topic of conversations will come from you, involve skill building, and celebrating parenting sucesses. 7:00pm on Tuesday evenings, beginning January 5. Call 360-261-3971 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Life Works Playgroup: Call to verify if this group is still meeting. Mondays from 9am to 11am. 906 New York ave. Longview. Life Works opens their sensory room to the public. Families with children birth to age 6 are welcome. Call 360-577-9093 for more information. Free.
- Youth and Family LINK Open Gym: Unavailable due to COVID. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 6:30-8pm. Free indoor space to run around with your children. 907 Douglas st. Longview, WA 98632. Call 360-423-6741 for more information.
- Check your local library for story times and other activities.