Parent groups provide a safe place for parents/caregivers to go with their children for fun and friendship. Parents/caregivers and their children meet new people and do age appropriate activities together. Things you might do in a parent group include: songs, crafts, and stories. You will have the opportunity to make friends and share your parenting experiences with others. Pre-registration is not required. Minimum attendance is not required. Groups at Parents Place are offered at no charge to the participants.
No child care provided; parents and children bonding together
Available Parent Groups
- Virtual Parent/Caregiver Support Group for Parents/Caregivers of Middle School Youth: An online discussion group with experienced parent educators. Topic of conversations will come from you, involve skill building, and celebrating parenting sucesses. 7:00pm on Tuesday evenings, beginning January 5. Call 360-261-3971 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Read and Grow: Songs, stories, activities, and more! The group is currently operating online due to COVID regulations. Tuesdays 45-minute online sessions at 10am and 2pm, registered families receive a weekly email with links. Group does not meet when school is closed. Call 360-751-5333 for more information. Free, sponsored by Longview Public Schools and Parents Place.
- Life Works Playgroup: Mondays from 9am to 11am. 906 New York ave. Longview. Life Works opens their sensory room to the public. Families with children birth to age 6 are welcome. Call 360-577-9093 for more information. Free.
- Mothering Together: For expectant moms in their 3rd trimester through the child's 3rd birthday. Share stories and experiences of motherhood. Mondays 4-5:30pm. 907 Douglas st. Longview, WA 98632. Call 360-423-6741 for more information.
- Beyond the Alphabet: Free drop in playgroup with crafts and activities for families with children birth to 7yrs. old. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2-5pm. 907 Douglas st. Longview, WA 98632. Call 360-423-6741 for more information.
- Parent Support for Families with Children with Extreme Behviors: Do you feel like nobody can relate to your parenting experiences due to your child's extreme behaviors? Come meet other families who share your experience. 10wk. group meets every Wednesday 4:30-6pm starting February 12. Call 360-423-6741 to sign-up or for more information. Group meets at 907 Douglas st. Longview, WA 98632.
- Youth and Family LINK Open Gym: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 6:30-8pm. Free indoor space to run around with your children.
- Check your local library for story times and other activities.