Parent groups provide a safe place for parents/caregivers to go with their children for fun and friendship. Parents/caregivers and their children meet new people and do age appropriate activities together. Things you might do in a parent group include: songs, crafts, and stories. You will have the opportunity to make friends and share your parenting experiences with others. Pre-registration is not required. Minimum attendance is not required. Groups at Parents Place are offered at no charge to the participants.
No child care provided; parents and children bonding together
Available Parent Groups
- Union Familiar: A group for Spanish speaking parents. Group meets at La Casa De San Juan Diego 133 S. Pekin Rd. Woodland on Wednesdays at 11am. No group when school is out or on early release days. Free. Call 360-414-9212 for more information. Returns Jan. 15, 2020.
- Read and Grow: Songs, stories, activities, and more! 10am to 11:30am. The group has two locations this school year. Tuesdays at Broadway School 1410 8th Ave. Longview. Thursdays at Mint Valley Elementary 2425 38th ave. Longview. Group does not meet when school is closed. Call 360-751-5333 for more information. Free.
- Life Works Playgroup: Mondays from 9am to 11am. 906 New York ave. Longview. Life Works opens their sensory room to the public. Families with children birth to age 6 are welcome. Call 360-577-9093 for more information. Free.
- Mothering Together: For expectant moms in their 3rd trimester through the child's 3rd birthday. Share stories and experiences of motherhood. Mondays 4-5:30pm. 907 Douglas st. Longview, WA 98632. Call 360-423-6741 for more information.
- Beyond the Alphabet: Free drop in playgroup with crafts and activities for families with children birth to 7yrs. old. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2-5pm. 907 Douglas st. Longview, WA 98632. Call 360-423-6741 for more information.
- Parent Support for Families with Children with Extreme Behviors: Do you feel like nobody can relate to your parenting experiences due to your child's extreme behaviors? Come meet other families who share your experience. 10wk. group meets every Wednesday 4:30-6pm starting February 12. Call 360-423-6741 to sign-up or for more information. Group meets at 907 Douglas st. Longview, WA 98632.
- Youth and Family LINK Open Gym: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 6:30-8pm. Free indoor space to run around with your children.
- Check your local library for story times and other activities.