Parenting classes are opportunities for parents, caregivers, or anybody who wants new ideas on raising children. Classes are curriculum based and meet one night per week. Parents Place offers several different classes to cover different aspects of raising children. Certificates of completion are awarded at the final session of the class if attendance and payment have been satisfied. The fee for our classes is $20 per week per person or $25 per week per couple but it can be adjusted if needed. Childcare is available at no extra charge.
Children in Between is $40. No scholarships or childcare available.
Ready for Kindergarten is free to attend thanks to the generosity of the United Way of Cowlitz County.
Classes Available at Parents Place
- Children in Between: For people filing a parenting plan or who want info. on co-parenting. Meets the state requirement of a 4hr. parenting class on the effects of divorce/separation on children. Brand new curriculum released in 2019. Next class: 7-17-19 from 6 to 9pm.
- Battles, Hassles, Tantrums, and Tears: A 4wk. class on parental anger, children's anger, tantrums and what to do about it. Dates offered: 5-7-19, 5-14-19, 5-21-19, 5-28-19.
- Love and Logic Early Childhood Parenting Made Fun!®-5wks.: Techniques covered are appropriate for children of all ages. An approach to raising children that provides loving suport from parents while at the same time expecting kids to be respectful. Dates offered: 6-11-19, 6-18-19, 6-25-19, 7-9-19, 7-16-19 from 6:30 to 8:30pm.
- Active Parenting The First 5 Years: 4wk. class for people raising children 5yrs. old and younger. This is the updated version of 1-2-3-4 Parents. Ages and Stages, age appropriate discipline techniques, temper tantrums, and more are discussed. Dates offered: 4-9-19, 4-16-19, 4-23-19, 4-30-19.
- Active Parenting Today: A 6wk. class for people raising children ages 4yrs. old and up. This class focuses on family communication and family problem solving. Dates offered: 1-22-19, 1-29-19, 2-5-19, 2-12-19, 2-19-19, 2-26-19 from 6:30-8:30pm
- Ready for Kindergarten 0-1 Spring Session: This class is for people with children born between 9-1-17 and 8-31-18. Give your child the best start on their 1st day of school. Receive a Ready Tool Kit and learn how to use it 10min. a day every day until your child starts kindergarten to prepare them for school success. Enroll by 3-31-19 to ensure a kit is ordered for you. Go to https://www.readyforkindergarten.org/parentsplace/schedule to enroll in the class. Free thanks to the generosity of the United Way of Cowlitz County. Date offered: 4-11-19 at 11am.
- Ready for Kindergarten 1-2 Spring Session: Same as above but for people with children born between 9-1-16 and 8-31-17. Enroll by 4-7-19 to ensure a kit is ordered for you. Date offered:4-18-19 at 11am.
- Ready for Kindergarten 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 Spring Session: Same as above but for people with children born between 9-1-13 and 8-31-16. Enroll by 4-21-19 to ensure a kit is ordered for you. Date offered: 5-1-19 at 6pm.
Classes Offered by Other Agencies
Love and Logic at CAP: CAP is offering a 6wk. Love and Logic class on Wednesdays. They have morning and afternoon sessions available. Morning session is 9am to 10:30am. Afternoon is 1:30pm to 3pm. Enrollment is ongoing. Start at anytime. $10 materials fee. No childcare available. Call Jani at 360-425-3430 ex. 264 to sign up.
Strengthening Families 10-14 in Woodland: Free 8wk. class for parents/caregivers AND their youth ages 10-14yrs. old. Dinner and childcare provided for younger chldren. Parents/caregivers and youth must attend together. Contact Ramona Leber at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-261-3971. Starts Thursday April 11 at 6pm.
Strengthening Families 10-14 in Castle Rock: Free 8wk. class for parents/caregivers AND their youth ages 10-14yrs. old. Dinner and childcare provided for younger chldren. Parents/caregivers and youth must attend together. Contact Ramona at email@example.com or 360-261-3971. Starts Monday April 15 at 6pm.
Strengthening Families 10-14 at Monticello Middle School: 1225 28th Ave. Longview. Free 8wk. class for parents/caregivers AND their youth ages 10-14yrs. old. Dinner and childcare provided for younger chldren. Parents/caregivers and youth must attend together. Contact Ramona at firstname.lastname@example.org 360-261-3971 to sign up. Starts Tuesday April 16 at 6pm.
Strengthening Families 10-14 Longview: Free 8wk. class for parents/caregivers AND their youth ages 10-14yrs. old. Dinner and childcare provided for younger chldren. Parents/caregivers and youth must attend together. Contact Ramona at email@example.com 360-261-3971 to sign up. Classes held at Longview Community Church 2323 Washington Way Longview, WA 98632. Returning later this year.
Love and Logic at Child and Adolescent Clinic: 4wk. class for families raising children of any age. Learn how to reduce conflict and instill responsibility in children. Offered by Child and Adolescent Clinic. You do not need to be a patient of the clinic to attend. The class is available to anybody interested in the information. Free. Limited childcare provided. Classes will be held at Youth and Family Link 907 Douglas st. Longview, WA 98632. Call Brian at 360-577-1771 ex. 271 to sign up. Dates offered: 9-5-18, 9-12-18, 9-19-18, 9-26-18.
Strengthening Families 3-11: This is a 14 week class for families raising children ages 3-11 years old. Parents learn techniques to improve their parenting. Children learn techniques to follow directions better, communicate better, avoid making poor decisions, and more. Families work together each week during the family session. Class is held at St. Paul Lutheran Church, located at 312 1st Avenue SW Castle Rock, WA 98611. Parents and children MUST attend together. Free with dinner, childcare, and prizes included. Contact Dianne Swanson at (360) 636-0530 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. or to sign-up.
Children's Home Society is recruiting families for a research study of a parenting class curriculum. Classes are held in Clark Co. Families are paid for 10 sessions of class plus 1 pre-class home visit and 1 post-class home visit. Contact Mindy Davis at Mindy.Davis@chs-wa.org for more information or to sign up.
The Incredible Years: 18wk. class offered by Head Start. Get to know your child, learn positive ways to reduce misbehavior, learn discipline techniques, and teach your child how to manage their behavior. Free with breakfast and childcare included. Call 360-442-2800 to sign up. Returning in the fall.