Parenting classes are opportunities for parents, caregivers, or anybody who wants new ideas on raising children. Classes are curriculum based and meet one night per week. Parents Place offers several different classes to cover different aspects of raising children. Certificates of completion are awarded at the final session of the class if attendance and payment have been satisfied. The fee for our classes is $20 per week per person or $25 per week per couple but it can be adjusted if needed. Childcare is available at no extra charge.
Children in Between is $40. No scholarships or childcare available.
Ready for Kindergarten is free to attend thanks to the generosity of the United Way of Cowlitz County.
Please contact us if there is a class you wish to attend but is not being offered at the moment and we will try to fit it into the schedule as soon as possible.
Classes Available at Parents Place
Classes Offered by Other Agencies
- The Incredible Years Toddlers: Free 18-20 week parent support group for parents of children over 12 months of age. Topics include strengthening parent-child bond and attachment, encouraging todlers' physical and language development, strategies to establish predictable routines, and other parenting tips. Parents will also receive a free toddler memory book. This group meets every Tuesday starting on April 20th, at 5:00pm. This currently is an online meeting hosted via zoom. Contact 360-353-9606 or email email@example.com to register for class.
- Virtual Strengthening Families 10-14: Free 7wk. class for parents/caregivers AND their youth ages 10-14yrs. old. Each session covers two evenings per week – the Youth session on Tuesdays at 4:00pm and the Parent and Family sessions on Thursdays at 6:00pm. The total family commitment is 14 evenings. Youth sessions begin on April 28 and continue on the following Wednesdays. The Parents and Family sessions begin on April 29 and continue the following Thursdays. Youth will also join in the Parents and Family sessions at 7:30pm. Contact Ramona Leber by calling 360-261-3971 or email Ramona.firstname.lastname@example.org in order to register or get more information. Please register by Monday, April 26 2021.
- The Incredible Years Babies: Free 12 week class for parents of children aged 0-12 months. Help your baby feel safe, secure, and loved while encouraging positive physical and language development. There will be a free baby memory book, safety tips, strategies for maintaining a predictable routine, and much more. Class starts January 14, 2021 at 10:00am. Class is offered via Zoom and continue on every following Thursday. Hosted by Columbia Wellness. Contact 360-353-9606 or email email@example.com to sign up.
- The Incredible Years: Free 20 week class on Wednesdays for parents of children aged 2-8. Topics include communication skills, importance of play, problem solving, etc. Class is open to the public and hosted online by Columbia Wellness via zoom. Class starts January 27, 2021 from 1:00pm to 2:30pm. Contact 360-353-9606 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Love and Logic at Child and Adolescent Clinic: 4wk. class for families raising children of any age. Learn how to reduce conflict and instill responsibility in children. Offered by Child and Adolescent Clinic. You do not need to be a patient of the clinic to attend. The class is available to anybody interested in the information. Free. Call 360-577-1771 ex. 271 to sign up. Dates offered: January 2021.
- Love and Logic at CAP: CAP is offering a 6wk. Love and Logic class on Wednesdays. They have morning and afternoon sessions available. Morning session is 9am to 10:30am. Afternoon is 1:30pm to 3pm. Enrollment is ongoing. Start at anytime. $10 materials fee. No childcare available. Call Jani at 360-425-3430 ex. 264 to sign up.
- Strengthening Families 10-14 in Kelso: Class open to any family with children ages 10-14yrs. old. 8wk. class for parents/caregivers AND their youth. Childcare provided for younger children. Free with dinner included. Class will be held at Journey Christian School 95 Garden st Lexington (Kelso) 98626. You do not need to be enrolled at that school or a member of the church to attend Strengthening Families. Contact Ramona at email@example.com 360-261-3971 to sign up. Starts Thursday March 26 at 6pm.
- The Incredible Years School Age Basics: For families with children 6-12yrs. old. Free 14wk. class with dinner and childcare provided. Parents learn and practice hands-on parenting techniques every week. Classes held at St. Helens Elementary School 431 27th ave Longview, WA 98632. Contact Huyen Truong at 360-355-3142 or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign-up. Classes start Tuesday February 4 from 5:30-8pm.
- Strengthening Families 10-14 at Monticello Middle School: 1225 28th Ave. Longview. Free 8wk. class for parents/caregivers AND their youth ages 10-14yrs. old. Dinner and childcare provided for younger chldren. Parents/caregivers and youth must attend together. Contact Ramona at email@example.com 360-261-3971 to sign up. Starts Tuesday October 8 at 6pm.
- Strengthening Families 10-14 in Woodland: Free 8wk. class for parents/caregivers AND their youth ages 10-14yrs. old. Dinner and childcare provided for younger chldren. Parents/caregivers and youth must attend together. Contact Ramona Leber at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-261-3971. Starts Thursday April 11 at 6pm.
- Strengthening Families 10-14 in Castle Rock: Free 8wk. class for parents/caregivers AND their youth ages 10-14yrs. old. Dinner and childcare provided for younger chldren. Parents/caregivers and youth must attend together. Contact Ramona at email@example.com or 360-261-3971. Starts Monday April 15 at 6pm.
- Strengthening Families 10-14 Longview: Free 8wk. class for parents/caregivers AND their youth ages 10-14yrs. old. Dinner and childcare provided for younger chldren. Parents/caregivers and youth must attend together. Contact Ramona at firstname.lastname@example.org 360-261-3971 to sign up. Classes held at Longview Community Church 2323 Washington Way Longview, WA 98632. Returning later this year.
- Strengthening Families 3-11: This is a 14 week class for families raising children ages 3-11 years old. Parents learn techniques to improve their parenting. Children learn techniques to follow directions better, communicate better, avoid making poor decisions, and more. Families work together each week during the family session. Class is held at St. Paul Lutheran Church, located at 312 1st Avenue SW Castle Rock, WA 98611. Parents and children MUST attend together. Free with dinner, childcare, and prizes included. Contact Dianne Swanson at (360) 636-0530 or email her at email@example.com for more info. or to sign-up.
- Children's Home Society is recruiting families for a research study of a parenting class curriculum. Classes are held in Clark Co. Families are paid for 10 sessions of class plus 1 pre-class home visit and 1 post-class home visit. Contact Mindy Davis at Mindy.Davis@chs-wa.org for more information or to sign up.